Sunday 9 August 2015

The beginning.....

I always used to enjoy writing my blog many years ago but life gets busy and suddenly 'I don't have time' becomes a phrase to often used. The truth is we should always make time for the the things that are important to us otherwise what is the point of how we spend the rest of our time?

I love riding primarily because when I ride I am focussed exactly on that moment, without the distractions of 'all the other stuff' that is going on in my life and around me. I also love it because it is a sport in which I am not wholly reliant upon myself but must adapt and work with another in harmony. Lastly, I love this sport because it never lets you believe that you have reached you pinnacle, it constantly reminds you how much more there is to learn regardless of your chosen discipline and..... I just love being around horses!

18 months ago I quit my successful yet dis-satisfying career in the automotive industry to do what I love. Now I am a UKCC level 2 qualified instructor with a growing base of loyal clients, I am EQL (Equine Faciliated Learning) facilitor with Leadchange and Horseheard, I regularly work at Moorwards Farm Equestrian Coaching Facility where I teach, and do training livery, I'm finding my feet at the "Hoof" volunteer chair for Buckinghamshire and I'm finally making great progress with my 9 year old Ex-racehorse Persuasive Power (aka "Guinness") recently with British Dressage and hopefully soon with some eventing also. When I put it all down on paper I can see why I often feel so busy!

However, everything I do, in all aspects of my life, I believe it is important to not be so focussed on the end goal that you miss many of the lessons along the way. The amount I've learnt from so many different people and experiences since I embarked upon this journey astounds me and fills me with a feverish excitement about how much more there is still to understand. But it is in sharing this knowledge that I get the greatest sense of achievement which might be why I love to teach but also why I am writing this blog right now.

Also, I don't think there is one perfect way of doing anything, especially when it comes to training a horse and rider, but in allowing myself to be open to all different beliefs, I then make my own judgement on which I prefer which I knowingly accept may not be the same for everyone, but I only wish to share what I have learnt and what I learn along the way so you can make up your own mind.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Aleesha, we met very briefly at Moorwards Farm at one of the events, look forward to following your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wiola, I always enjoy reading your blog! Keep in touch :-)

      Delete