Tuesday 18 August 2015

Jump training and a vet visit for Peroni

So two days back in the normal routine and reminded how lucky I am.

Guinness is going so well and we did some jumping before work today which was great fun. As the quality of my canter has improved with all the recent focus on our flat work training this has had a huge improvement on our jumping. Guinness certainly was excited to see jumps up in the school and although I felt a bit rusty at first and it took a while to get my eye in to find the right stride every time, by the end we were forward, bold and feeling very confident. I finished just before Guinness excitability got too much to contain and ended on a pleasing note.

Later today I took some of what I'd practised to my pupils at Moorwards and we did canter poles and grids with placing poles and landing poles throughout. Even though the ability in group varied quite dramatically, everyone had a great lesson, taking away one key point to work on next time. I was so proud of Grace who, although she has only started cantering on her pony Dexter in the last few months, confidently cantered through the grid like an old timer. It's so satisfying when you can see the bricks of confidence each week slowing building up and up and both pony and rider having a great time together!


Peroni my yearling has unfortunately opened up his nose wound again and is being visited by our lovely vet Olwen from Chess valley equine tomorrow. He cut it a few month ago and it just hasn't knitted back together well so I think he might have to have the flap of skin removed now as it's becoming problematic especially as it's right where the nose band on his head collar goes. Fingers crossed Olwen can fix him up nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment