Friday 2 September 2016

Arianna training day 14 & 15

Day 14

Monday I had a great day with Arianna. She was super focussed and calm. We played in the round pen first.I really feel we've got a great rapport and communication now through the parelli games. We practised at the mounting block and Arianna stood quietly a patiently whilst I leant over her and rested my leg over her neck, wither, back and on her rump. Then we cuddled and I scratched her all over.

I love my girl so much!
I decided to investigate the trails around the stables although I hadn't planned to go to far. To leave the stables we can go through the neighbours facility. I thought I would walk through the yard towards the road and back as I'd been told there are lots of things to see at the yard next door.

We walked through the yard and came upon lots of curious other horses and then a peacock which walked directly past us only 4 feet away! Arianna was amazing!! She walked next to me like a puppy, with a big smile in the rope. When we turned around to come back I realise an electric gate had closed behind me and I didn't know the code! So we ventured out on to the road and I followed my sense of direction home.

We ended up being out for around 40 minutes and on the way we encountered barking dogs, lots of dustbins and even a couple of very large lorries past us! I could not fault her! She mirrored my feet the whole way, never breaking her rhythm or getting tense once. Such a good girl!

Day 15


I'd got it into my head that today was the day to finally actually sit on Arianna and I brought my good friend Lisa with me to help. We started with our usual groundwork first and then played at the mountain block as we'd done last time. She was a little less inclined to let me stay in zone 3, but then she settled and I lay on her and lay my leg over her again. Lisa came in to be near for back up and I slid on.
Such an awesome feeling!

I was grinning from ear to ear!! She stood and turned her head right around to both shoulders investigating my boots!! I scratched her a loved on her and she seemed super calm about very relaxed about it. The next bit is a bit of a blur but I think I was sat there for a few minutes and we took some pictures. Next thing I knew I'd face planted in the sand!

I was a little confused at first but when I focussed again Arianna was looking down at me, nuzzling me obviously worried at what had happened. I'd split my lip and had a bloody nose so I cleaned up in the bathroom but I was still pretty confused so we put Arianna away. I'm so thankful Lisa was there with me! Once I was feeling  a bit better I went back to the paddock to check on her. Bless, I think she was genuinely sorry and followed me all the way up the steep hill back to the gate. Then she game me a big kiss through the bars! 

I felt so bad, I felt like I had totally let her down, as I so badly wanted her to have a great first experience with me on her. I beat myself up most of that day, trying to remember exactly what happened and blaming myself, trying to work out what I must have done that had upset her. Today I'm feeling embarrassed more than anything! I'm pretty sore and my lips and nose are still a bit swollen but my pride is bruised more than anything. I hate falling off and haven't come off in ages so it was a healthy reminder to be careful and always wear my helmet!


1 comment:

  1. Hey your super blog Aleesha is Haynets Blog of the Day! Come and take a look:http://www.hay-net.co.uk/haynet-news/9752/equestrian-blog-of-the-day-aleesha-adams--equal-equestrian

    ReplyDelete